Melissa Melissa officinalis
With the ability to positively affect mood, Melissa essential oil is often used to reduce tense feelings, promote relaxation, and calm feelings of nervousness.
Melissa officinalis, also known as lemon balm, received the name “Melissa” because of its sweet, fresh, citrus-like fragrance, which was known to attract bees (Melissa is Greek for “honey bee”). As one of our rarest and most expensive oils, Melissa has a wide range of health benefits and uses.* Melissa is used as a flavor in teas and ice cream as well as with some fish dishes. Because of its positive effect on mood, Melissa has long been used to calm feelings of tension and nervousness. Diffusing Melissa at night can help initiate a restful sleep environment and promote emotional well-being. Melissa may also help to support a healthy immune system.*
- Diffuse at night or rub on forehead, shoulders, or chest to help lessen feelings of stress and promote emotional well-being.
- Diffuse to create a relaxing environment that encourages a restful night’s sleep.
- Add to moisturizer or a spray bottle with water and spritz on face to rejuvenate skin and refresh the mind.
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
- May help to support a healthy immune system*
- Calms tension and nerves
- Promotes feelings of relaxation
Geranial, germacrene D, neral, β-caryophyllene